Ways to Beat the Summer Heat in St. Cloud
With heat index over 100 kicking off the weekend, you know we are in store for some real summer weather. Here are a few ideas on how to keep cool this summer in the St. Cloud area!
1. See a New Movie - The Marcus Parkwood Cinema has reclining seats, new movies, and AC! Here are a few new ones out this weekend:
- Sicario - a female FBI agent takes on a drug cartel
- Uncle Drew - Comedy with NBA star Kyrie Irving playing an older version of himself playing basketball
- Won't You Be My Neighbor - Filmmaker Morgan Neville examines the life and legacy of Fred Rogers
2. Mall Walk - Gets the body moving, has places that sells ice cream, and is good people watching, all in climate controlled comfort.
3. Quarry Park Beach - Grab an inflatable unicorn (or just a normal inner tube, your choice) and cool off at Minnesota's #1 beach!
4. Try a New Place for Ice Cream - There are plenty of options around the area to get a cool treat. Mr. Twisty, Dairy Queen, Cold Stone Creamery, Cherry Berry, Fudgin Delicious Ice Cream, pick a place you haven't been to and try it out!
5. SPLASH PADS! - They're free and there are multiple!!! What more of a reason do you need?
Have a great weekend and keep cool!