Wake Up Your Creativity!
Ever feel like your creative juices just aren’t flowing the way they should be? Scientists have a few solutions for you. So next time inspiration escapes you, try one of these.
1. MUSIC: Next time you’re stuck at your desk and needing a little pick me up, turn on the radio. You’ll be amazed at what a little melody can do!
2. EXERCISE: Aerobic workouts are some of the simplest strategies for making the brain a very happy organ. Not only will they generally lead to a more satisfied, positive mood, but it can lead to greater creativity.
3. MEDITATE: Transcendental meditation works for the spiritually-inclined and skeptics! Cornell researchers published an article showcasing how practitioners, over the span of five months, watched a marked improvement in their creative skills.
4. PLAY: Kids and adults benefit from playtime. Besides, pretty much everyone loves getting out and having fun! Next time you’re stuck on a project, take a break, have some fun, and come back to it later.
5. REWARDS: I respond to this one quite well. And children do exhibit heightened creativity when presented with a reward for their efforts, but only if the association between task and receipt has already been pre-established.