Transitioning Into “Work Mode” After A Long Vacation Weekend
It's always hard to come back to work after a relaxing weekend--even if you do love your job! There's nothing better than being able to sleep in, leave your phone on the charger and throw schedules out the window for a few days. Transitioning back into "work mode" can be tough. I wish there was some magic switch that we could just turn on and off when we needed to. Here are some things you can do to make the transition a little bit easier.
1. Drink coffee--I'm not a coffee drinker, but I'm told that coffee helps relax you in the morning. Drink a few cups.
2. If you can, wear flip flops to work. It will make you feel like you're taking vacation to work with you.
3. Put sunblock on. If you can't be on a beach today, at least you'll smell like you were on one. Sometimes all we need are the little reminders in life.
4. Bring leftover BBQ to work. One of the best things about the 4th of July weekend is eating great BBQ. Hopefully you have a few leftovers in the fridge you can eat--plus, it'll give you something to look forward to today.
5. Listen to music at your desk. Sometimes listening to your favorite music while you're at work can lift your spirits and put you back into "business mode."
6. Take your full lunch break and share photos and stories with your co-workers. Instead of hitting the ground running today, take some extra time to socialize with your co-workers at lunch. Studies show that if you take a full lunch break, you'll be more focused when it comes time to get back to work. Plus, you'll be able to get your "vacation talk" out of your system.
7. Keep a running countdown toward your next vacation weekend. That'll give you something to look forward to!