Tips For Christmas Tree Safety
Did you put your Christmas tree up yet? Here are some ways to make sure you get the best out of your tree this season, and keep your family safe at the same time.
1. This seems like a no-brainer, but it’s easy to forget. Water your tree every day! They get thirsty.
2. Even though it may be tradition in some homes, it’s not a great idea to put candles on your tree. Plus, move any scented candles you might have in your home, away from the tree.
3. Saw off the base of the tree before you put it up. It will absorb water better.
4. This is really an old wives tale, but some swear by it. Add an aspirin or a few pinches of sugar to the water.
5. Always unplug the lights when you are sleeping or away from home.
6. Keep trees away from baseboards and heaters. It keeps them fresher, and keeps you safer.