Things Men Wish Women Knew About Them
The old philosophy was men are from Mars and women are from Venus, but hopefully this list brings us a little closer.
Yahoo asked men, “What do you wish women knew about you?” What they came up with was pretty interesting. Here’s what they had to say.
1. Time Flies – Apparently there we are in two time zones. Man time and women time. Man time goes faster than women time, so if it has been a few days since he has called or sent you a text, don’t panic. Dr. Tom Hacket, the official physician for Team U.S. A. says that it’s not that they don’t care or don’t like you. “It just means that time passes differently for him.”
2. You’re Powerful – When our man is acting like a boob, oftentimes “the look” is enough to make him snap back into shape, but it doesn’t always have to be used when they’re being dumb. Alexander MacGregor, editor-in-chief of The Boulevardier says that, “In that single moment when you glance in our direction, we lock eyes, and all we can feel is our heart beating through your chest, you have us. And there is absolutely nothing We can do about it!”
3. They Like Shopping. Sometimes – Shopping isn’t so bad. It gets bad when you drag your man in and out of ten stores and don’t buy a thing. Personal trainer to the stars, Lalo Fuentes says, “We actually like going shopping with you, as long as you let us pick out your outfit.” He also says that we shouldn’t get mad if you get a hair cut and they don’t notice and sometimes they wonder, “Why someone as amazing as you wants to be with us.” Awww.
4. They Are Stuck in the Stone Age – It doesn’t matter how modern they seem to be, men are cavemen at heart. Stand up comedian Tim Wilkins says, “I wish women understood that no matter how much they think their man has evolved, we are very basic. Even the most manscaped guy in a Brooks Brothers suit is a caveman at heart. Let us grunt and be ourselves and we will gladly drag your dinner home.” This is very true. Men are very caveman like. Especially in packs. They grunt, they spit, they swear and they pee wherever they please. I have also learned that if they don’t squeal with delight when you tell them you’re going to have a baby and instead they go in the garage and immediately start building a toy box, it’s the equivalent of squealing with delight. Men aren’t so much with the words. They’d rather show you.
5. Let Them Think They’re Funny – There was a whole episode of Friends about this. Monica said that there was a guy at work that she said was the funniest guy she’d ever met. Well, Chandler flipped out because funny was all he had. Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Thomas Howard says, “We don’t like it when we see you laughing too hard at another man’s jokes. Unless we’re at a comedy club, or he’s your father, there’s no reason for that.”
6. They Care About More Than How You Look - Yes, men like to look at pretty girls, but singer Aaron Carter says, “Women need to know that looks aren’t the only thing that matters to us.” He adds that, “If I want to be in a relationship with somebody, I need to have a deeper connection with them than just the physical. The best thing a woman could do to attract me is to be herself.” So, ladies, be your wonderful charming selves. You’re great and don’t let anyone tell you different.