Ranking This Year’s State Fair Food
The Minnesota State Fair has come and gone once again. I would like to take this time to give a quick review of the Top 5 new foods I tried this year. See if they matched with yours!
5. Candied Bacon Donut Sliders: Candied bacon served atop miniature buns. This dish comes in at number 5 mainly because of the bun it was served on. The bacon was great but it needed to be on more of a sweet roll. Not whatever it actually was on.
7 out of 10 for the bacon, 1 out of 10 for the bun.
4. Spam Sushi: I love sushi and Spam Sushi was delicious. Spam and egg rolled inside seaweed and sushi rice, with a side of soy sauce for dipping. This dish would have ranked higher had there been a teriyaki dipping sauce. The soy sauce was just too much salt taste.
6 out of 10. Would only recommend to sushi and spam fans.
3. Spam Curds: Deep fried cubes of Spam. Crispy on the outside, hot and juicy inside. When I first heard of these I was expecting more of a cheesy dish but I was still happy with this new food.
7 out of 10. Would recommend to hard core Spam fans.
2. Deep Fried Nachos Supreme: It was hard to put this one in second. It was an amazing new fair food. Deep fried balls of crushed chips and melty cheese covered in sour cream, guacamole, salsa and every other nacho topping you can dream of. It was life changing and if I would have had room to eat more I would have got a tray of this on the way out. I can only hope this comes back next year!
9 out of 10, would definitely recommend.
1. Mac n' Cheese Curds: Cavatappi noodles (the spiral kind) covered in nacho cheese and fried in a pan with cheese curds. Incredible. This dish ranks number one due to the fact that it was a huge serving of it, plus I could eat it. It's really hard for me to find a mac n' cheese I am not allergic to and this one was completely Abbey-friendly. Top notch all around and I wish I was eating it now.
10 out of 10. Would eat this the rest of my life.
What was your favorite State Fair food this year? Leave me a comment below!