New Minnesota State Fair Food 2016
It's the most wonderful time of the year, the Minnesota State Fair. The great Minnesota get together, full of prize winning livestock, perfectly executed 4-H projects and everything is deep fried on a stick. Magical.
The new food list for 2016 just came out and here are the ones I am most excited to try!
1. SPAM Sushi - Grilled SPAM, sushi rice, fried egg and wasabi rolled in dried seaweed. It just isn't the state fair without an oddball SPAM adaptation.
2. Deep Fried Nachos Supreme - Pepper jack cheese cubes covered in crushed tortilla chips and nacho cheese, then deep-fried, and then covered with taco meat, guacamole, more nacho cheese and sour cream, and served with jalapeños on the side. Mouth watering.
3. Barbecued Shrimp Taco – Sweet and smokey barbecued shrimp and fresh coleslaw in a warm flour tortilla. I'll take 7.
4. Cracker Jack Caramel Sundae – Vanilla ice cream topped with caramel, coated chocolate candies, whipped cream and hot fudge, served atop Cracker Jack popcorn in an original Cracker Jack Box. Nostalgia.
5. Deep Fried Grilled Cheese Bites – White cheddar cheese, beer battered, cubed and deep-fried. Served with a bloody mary mix marinara.
6. Macaroni & Cheese Curds – Macaroni & cheese blended with fresh cheese curds. My little heart can't take it.
These are just a few of the new food offerings at the Minnesota State Fair this year! If you want to see more click here!