My Shrimp Scampi With Zucchini Noodles Recipe For Less Than 240 Calories
I love pasta. That's been one of the hardest things for me to give up on this diet. shrimp scampi is one of my favorite meals! I discovered a way to be able to still enjoy shrimp scampi and stick to my diet.
The trick is to substitute pasta with zucchini noodles. I bought myself a veggie slicer that turns your zucchini into noodles--and, I LOVE it! I seriously can't even tell the difference between regular noodles and zucchini noodles at this point. I bought mine on Amazon for $19.99.
Here's what you'll need to make this delicious dinner;
Makes 2-4 servings
- 1 pound of jumbo shrimp (I used fully cooked shrimp) (481 calories)
- 1 tbsp garlic (12 calories)
- 1 tsp parsley (0 calories)
- 2 zucchini, medium (62 calories)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (it's suggested you do fresh squeeze, I don't.) (17 calories)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (6 calories)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (240 calories)
- 1/4 cup of white wine (I used red wine and it was still good) (120 calories)
- Add your olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat. Let that heat up for one minute. Next, add in the garlic and crushed red pepper. Stir this mixture constantly for 1 minute. (If you're not a fan of spicy food, you might want to dial back on the red pepper. My dish can get pretty spicy)
- Add the fully cooked shrimp to the pan. Make sure you remove the shells before you do this. Let them heat up in the pan for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the lemon juice and wine
- Add in the zucchini noodles with a dash of salt and pepper. Let this cook in the pan for an additional 2-4 minutes!
One serving is less than 240 calories based on four portions. Your taste buds will love you and your diet will thank you! I love making this meal! Good luck with your healthy living pursuit!