Mom’s Chicken Enchilada’s [PICTURES]
My mom is the greatest. She makes the most awesome recipes, and this is one of the more recent recipes she's put together for me. Chicken Enchiladas are delicious, tasty and pretty easy to make.
- 1 Cup sliced and cooked red, yellow, orange mini peppers
- 1 Can Chicken and Cheese enchilada Progresso soup
- 1 can Old El Paso hot or mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack/Colby Cheese (8 ounces)
- 6 ten inch flour tortillas or 10 six inch flour tortillas
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In medium bowl, mix together soup and enchilada sauce. Spread 1 cup soup mixture in ungreased 11x7 inch baking dish.
In large bowl, mix 1 cup soup mixture with chicken and 1 cup of the cheese. Reserve remaining soup mixture for use later. On microwavable plate, stack tortillas and cover with paper towel. Heat on high for 1 minute to soften. Place chicken and pepper combo along middle of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam sides down in baking dish with sauce.
Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Sprinkle green onions on top. Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly around edges.