Low Gas Prices Help Boost Minnesota Truck Sales
UNDATED -- Low gas prices are good news for auto dealers who sell trucks and SUV's. As gas prices tumble, more Minnesotans are buying bigger vehicles.
Scott Lambert is the Executive Vice President of the Minnesota Automobile Dealers' Association. He says Minnesota has always been a top truck-buying state.
Lambert says about 60% of all automobile sales in Minnesota are trucks and SUV's with the remaining 40% passenger cars and vans. With lower gas prices, those numbers are pushing 65% trucks and 35% cars.
Lambert says some of the reasons we buy more trucks than cars include...a high number of farms, construction companies and outdoorsmen, a high recreation state with snowmobiles, boats and ATV's, and a climate that lends itself to 4x4's.