Life Tips From 90 Year Olds
The Guardian just released some really smart, reasonable tips from people that should know what's best for you. People that are in their 90's.
If you have trouble listening to your Grandma just because she's your Grandma, or your Dad just because he's your Dad, maybe you'll listen to people that have lived long enough to know what might be best for you...those that have actually lived long enough to know...if they could go back in time, what they would do different..or what worked best for them. Here are their top 5 tips:
- STAY ACTIVE: A 94 year old woman named Jean Miller still goes to the gym, and she's also trying to learn German. Her other tip is to be as patient as you can, and try not to worry so much. I love Jean. My motto: WORRY SERVES NO USEFUL PURPOSE.
- Get responsible about your finances: A 94 year old named Pam Zeldin says she doesn't mean you have to get rich. She just mean to get financially stable as soon as you can, because it makes everything else easier.
- Get healthy and eat less: The words from a 90 year old man in New Jersey, we don't have his name, but he says a lot of people eat because they WANT to, not because they NEED to.
- Take things slowly, and avoid stress. A 99 year old man in England named Don Anderson says that obviously some stress is inevitable, but avoiding too much stress at WORK is a huge step.
- Keep finding new things that interest you: According to 91 year oled Shela Keating, it's really important if you want to make it to your 90's...She also says LUCK is a big part of it too.
Content from The Guardian.