Life Skills They Should Teach in Every School
I've been preaching this for many years. I don't think our schools do enough to prepare our kids for the real world. Its great that kids know how to do algebra...and how to dissect a frog...but what about the "life skills" that are so important to function in society?
1. Small home improvements. Like how to fix a toilet that's running, or how to put up shelves in your garage.
2. Basic car maintenance. Like how to jump start your battery, change the oil, or check the air pressure in your tires.
3. How to stick to a budget. This would've served my oldest daughter well! I would also add how important your credit score is, and how not to get yourself in credit card debt early on.
4. Self-defense. Especially in today's world.
5. How to do your taxes.
6. Computer programming. Kids in England start learning how to code in elementary school now. But over 90% of schools in the U.S. don't teach it at all.
Read more at MNN.com.