I Love Mew!
If you have a cat, you’ll enjoy these signs that let you know your furry kid loves you:
1. The head bump. This was always my favorite. And only used on the people your cat really loves. Your cat will face you, lower her head and lean forward so that the top of her head touches your forehead, face or other body part. This loving touch can often release feel-good hormones called endorphins in your cat and you.
2. Cheek rubbing. It’s her way of claiming you as her own!
3. Twitching tail. It’s a good thing. It means he thinks you’re pretty cool.
4. The soft blink while looking at you. Awwwww, this one always makes me smile. It’s like a kitty-kiss.
5. Full-on Purrrrrrrr. The really big purr is what we’re talking about here. They will save it for the special people in their life.
6. On your lap. They love your lap more than the kitty bed.
7. Kneading the paws. I know it hurts, but don’t be tempted to declaw your kitty. It’s never a good idea for so many reasons. This is a sign of affection from your furry kid.
8. Licking your hair and ears. A big sign of affection! Your kitty won’t groom just anyone!
9. Bringing you “gifts”. I know, I know, the dead mouse is not always a welcome sight, but your feline friend is bringing you a prized possession. I always feel sorry for the mouse, and have saved more than my share over the years!
10. High pitched noise. Rather than the low-sounding growl, which can’t mean anything good, the high pitched noises are your kitty-cat’s way of communicating. They might want a little love and attention–listen closely!