Head to the Sugar Shack for Maple Syrup
“Sugar Shack”, the most popular event of the St. John’s Arboretum is back! Sap collecting, syrup cooking, horse-drawn rides, demonstrations, and hot maple syrup sundaes await the whole family during this fun-filled event!
Head out to the woods Saturday, March 24 & 31 from 1PM – 4PM.
$5 – Adult Arboretum members
FREE – CSB/SJU student Arboretum members
FREE – Member Youth (ages 17 & under)
FREE – Monastery Members – Saint John’s Abbey & Saint Benedict’s Monastery
$10 – Adult nonmembers
$5 – CSB/SJU student nonmenbers
$5 – Youth nonmembers (ages 4 to 17)
FREE – Child nonmembers (ages 3 & under)
Receive $1 off each person (up to $10 per family) if you preregister by NOON on the Friday before the festival you are attending. Please note that scouts participating in the patch program must preregister but are not eligible for the preregistration discount.
NO REFUNDS AFTER NOON ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE FESTIVAL YOU REGISTER TO ATTEND.
Call 320-363-3163 or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Check-in will be near the Saint John’s Prep School on the Old Entrance Road The Sugar Shack is approximately 0.8 miles from the New Science Center at Saint John’s University.
- Take the Saint John’s University exit from Interstate I-94 and head towards campus
- Take a left at the 4-way stop and drive past Science Lot 1 and Science Lot 2 towards the Prep school
- The road forks and you can either go right to the Prep School or left down the Old Entrance Road
- Take a left onto the Old Entrance Road
- Take a right onto the logging trail which leads to the Sugar Shack