Have You Ever Been In These Awkward Social Situations?
Awkward social situations? Are you kidding. I'm the queen of awkward. I sometimes can't remember close family members names when I get nervous and have to introduce them to someone new. Or...I'll call someone's new boyfriend or girlfriend the name of the OLD boyfriend or girlfriend...That's embarrassing! The good thing, ( I guess?) is that I'm not alone. A new study found that the average person deals with 84 awkward social situations a year. The MOST awkward one is having to introduce someone when you can't remember their name. That's Me! See if you've experienced any of the top situations:
- Bumping into someone you don't like.
- Being interviewed for a new job.
- Meeting someone who used to date the person you're currently wiith.
- Networking for your job.
- Meeting the parents for the first time.
- Going on a date.
- Talking to someone you're attracted to.
- Meeting up with someone you met online.
- Greeting a room full of people. It's not clear if it's walking into a room full of people or if you have to meet and exchange names and a bunch of people at once.
- Bumping into an ex unexpectedly.
- Meeting your idol celebrity.
- Dancing with someone.
- A first kiss.
- Standing up in a packed train or bus.
- Being told you have something in your teeth.
Can you add anything to the list?
My personal awkward list:
- Singing at a show and forgetting the lyrics, unable to recover. (Thank God I've never messed up the National Anthem.
- Using your ex's name when talking to your current significant other.
- Watching someone else have an awkward moment.
- Sending a text to the wrong person.