Give To The Max Day is this Wednesday
Minnesota’s nonprofit organizations are asking you to give to your favorite charities at GiveMN.org during the third annual “Give to the Max Day” on Nov. 16, with hopes of raising as much money as possible for nonprofit organizations in 24 hours (starting at midnight on Nov. 16 through midnight on Nov. 17).
GiveMN has raised more than $33 million for more than 5,000 non-profits since its 2009 debut. Last year’s Give to the Max Day was one of the most successful one-day online fundraising drives in history, engaging more Minnesotans in nonprofit giving than ever before. Give to the Max Day drew an astounding 42,596 donors last year. As a result, more than $10 million was raised for the 3,663 participating nonprofit organizations.
At GiveMN, Minnesota non-profits can showcase their work and introduce their organizations to potential donors. Customized profiles of Minnesota charities detail their individual missions, programs and events.
In additon to revved up publicity of the one-day event, the event sponsors offer incentives:
- A $15,000, $10,000 and $7,500 prize grant will be awarded to the top three nonprofit organizations (colleges and universities excluded) which receive the most dollars during Give to the Max Day.
- $5,000 prize grants will be awarded to nonprofits in 4th through 10th place on the main leaderboard.
- A $15,000, $10,000 and $7,500 prize grant will be awarded to the top three small nonprofit organizations – with budgets under $750,000 – which receive the most dollars on Give to the Max Day. Nonprofits must register online to compete in this category.
- $5,000 prize grants will be awarded to nonprofits in 4th through 10th place on the small nonprofit leaderboard.
- A $15,000, $10,000 and $5,000 prize grant will be awarded to the top three Minnesota colleges or universities which receive the most dollars on Give to the Max Day.
- In addition to the 24 “Golden Tickets”—$1,000 prize grants given randomly every hour—one $10,000 “Grand Golden Ticket” will be randomly given at 11:59 p.m. on November 16, 2011.
At MIX 94.9, we are always happy to help out a non-profit, whether it's with an announcement on our Community Calendar, partnering in a sponsorship or giving a little extra publicity to a non-profit that is close to our staff's heart. Give To The Max day lets you get involved with some of the Causes We Like. Here are just a few of the Non-Profits we have worked with in the past and that are participating in the Give To The Max Day on Wednesday. You can click on any of the links to donate on Wednesday.
Peter K encourages you to help out The St. Cloud Skate Plaza Association
You can help link St. Joe with The Lake Wobegon Trail
Make the most of your donation with The United Way of Central MN
Keep the theatre arts alive in St. Cloud with the Paramount Arts Resource Trust
Spread the rich culture of Stearns County with a donation to Stearns History Museum & Research Center