Fun And Frugal Things To Do In Central Minnesota This Summer
Summer should be a time of saving up your money...for Christmas, college, weddings, engagement rings and everything else that life throws at you! If you're in super saving mode this summer, don't fret. There are lots of things you can do on a budget and still have fun this summer. This of these things as fun AND frugal!
1. Munsinger Clemens/Garden–Lose yourself in the flower park for a few hours! It’s free and it’s one of the best things to do on a sunny summer day!
2. Wobegon Trail–If you’ve got a pair of roller blades, a bike, or just two feet, you can take advantage of the 62 mile trail that extends from St. Joseph to Fergus Falls. And the best party is, it’s free and great exercise.
3. Matinee movie at Marcus Parkwood Cinema–If you want to check out a new film but you’re a little strapped for cash, check out the movie during a matinee. Or, if you’re a student, you can save a few bucks on student ID night!
4. Mini golf at Summerland–It’s a cheap and super fun summer activity! If you’re thinking about where to bring your significant other out on a date, but don’t want to break the bank, check this place out.
5. Swimming at Quarry Park/Warner Lake–If you’ve already got a bathing suit then it won’t cost you anything to take a dip at one of these great water holes!
6. St. Cloud Rox baseball game–A general admission ticket price is pretty cheap starting at just $8. If you go on Friday night, they typically have a fireworks display to follow the game!
7. Summertime By George–It’s a free outdoor music concert every Wednesday night throughout the summer by Lake George! There are food vendors on hand, but if you want to save even more money, bring your own cooler!
8. Rent paddle boats at Lake George–You can take a paddle boat out for 30 minutes and it will only cost you $6. Otherwise, you can get a season pass for $25.
9. Rock climbing at SCSU–It’s free if you’re a student, and just $6 per person to the community. It’s a fun activity to do on a rainy day when you’re stuck indoors.
10. Golf at Veterans Golf Club–If you’ve got yourself a set of clubs, then golfing at Veterans is actually pretty inexpensive.