Five Signs Minnesota Spring Is Upon Us
I am getting a case of cabin fever lately, and can't wait until the flowers start sprouting, trees start budding, grass starts turning green and the birds come back for the summer. There are a few signs that spring isn't as far off as we may think. Plus, the groundhog predicted an early spring this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
1. Temperatures are rising. It might even warm up to be 50 degrees this weekend!! That's practically shorts weather in Minnesota!
2. It's light out at 5 p.m. I love having dinner with the sun shinning through the kitchen window at night. It makes me feel like I can endure the rest of winter!
3. I've witnessed birds in my yard. They are some brave birds, and it's only a matter of time before the Florida birds are back for the summer!
4. St. Cloud State's spring break is in three weeks! Yes, the word spring is being used on the calendar three weeks from now!
5. I can actually see patches of grass. This means that the snow is melting! It's only a matter of time before those small grass patches turn green!