Exercise Those Blues Away!
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that occurs mostly in the winter. But here are 7 great ways to fight back!
1. Exercise! Anything from cross country skiing to simply doing housework on days that it's too cold to go outside. Get that blood pumping!
2. Natural Sunlight. Take a walk on a sunny day or just open the blinds and let the sunshine in!
3. Light Therapy. Special light bulbs around the house can help.
4. Vitamins. Vitamin D or a multivitamin will give you some of the essential nutrients we get from the sun.
5. Don't isolate yourself. Hang with friends, volunteer, join a group!
6. Eat well. It's easy to reach for the ice cream, chips or candy while curling up on the couch, but it's very important to eat right if you're dealing with seasonal depression.
7. Get some help. If these home remedies don't work, please talk to your doctor. This is something that many people deal with each winter, so it's important for you to know that you're not alone.