Eight Ways to Win an Argument on Facebook
With your social media feeds filled with political and religious rants, I thought these tips could come in handy. A new study at Cornell analyzed thousands of posts on social media, and figured out eight tips for winning an argument on our beloved Facebook.
1. Respond ASAP. You're more likely to change someone's opinion if you respond to something the day they actually post it.
2. Get other people to back you up (or cosign as I call it). It makes your opinion seem more reasonable.
3. Stop responding after about three or four comments. After that, you're just wasting your time.
4. Link to something that backs up your side. And make sure it's a reliable source.
5. Don't quote them. Like if they say something ridiculous, resist the urge to copy and paste it in your response. They'll just get super defensive.
6. Don't get mega intense.
7. Don't make your posts too short. A one-liner won't change their mind.
8. Talk about things they didn't address.
Read more at the Washington Post.