Breast Cancer Awareness Month – 5 Groups You Can Donate To Right Now
National nonprofits and physicians’ organizations dedicate every October to the cause of breast cancer awareness — raising funds for research and helping ensure that all women are able to receive regular screenings.
This year, organizations across the country continue to work toward supporting victims and finding a cure, as many thousands continue to suffer from the disease. According to estimates from the American Cancer Society, which tracks cancer statistics, 230,480 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year; an estimated 39,520 women will have died from the disease in 2011 alone.
These organizations need your help; here are a few worthy groups you can donate to right now:
- The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer happens Saturday, October 22nd at St. Cloud State’s Halenbeck Hall. Walk with the Mix 94.9 Entourage or form your own team!
- The Susan G. Komen Foundation, a network of breast-cancer survivors raising money for breast cancer research.
- Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization, a non profit providing information and counseling to anyone affected by breast cancer.
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation, a non profit funding free mammograms for low-income women and raising money for breast cancer research programs.
- Breastcancer.org, a non profit providing reliable and up-to-date information for women diagnosed with breast cancer.