A Good-bye Letter to My Radio Dad [Watch]
If you want to know how much Chad Taylor will be missed in Central Minnesota, just watch this video. It was a Facebook Live from his last show in the Mix Studio and you can see that the room was packed full of people that wanted to make sure his last day was great. Probably because he has created great days for everyone there, and then some!
I have only known Chad for the past year and a half but in that time so many great memories were made. He brought me onto the Mix team in February of 2016 and immediately made me feel like family. He has always had my back and supported the choices I made on and off the air. What more could a person want out of a Radio Dad?!
I wanted to share a few of my favorite moments involving Chad:
- The idea he had for a World Naked Gardening Day video
- Throwing me an incredible 21st birthday party with Heffron Drive!
- Convincing me to adopt my dog from the Tri-County Humane Society. If it wasn’t for Chad’s encouragement I wouldn’t have Norman!
- Dancing to “Fly” by Sugar Ray at Halfway Jam in 2016
- Always wanting to go to Chipotle for lunch
- And so many others!
Thank you Chad for all you have done, not only for me but for everyone here at Townsquare and in Central Minnesota. We hate to see you go but we know you’ll keep doing amazing things for everyone you come in contact with!