6 Signs a Minnesota Spring is Upon Us
I am getting a case of cabin fever lately, and can’t wait until the flowers start sprouting, trees start budding, grass starts turning green and the birds come back for the summer. There are a few signs that spring isn’t as far off as we may think. Let's just forget about the groundhog predicting an extra long winter...
1. Temperatures are rising. Two weekends ago it hit darn near 60 degrees. That’s practically shorts weather in Minnesota!
2. It’s light out at 5 p.m. I love having dinner with the sun shinning through the kitchen window at night. It makes me feel like I can endure the rest of winter!
3. I’ve witnessed birds in my yard. They are some brave birds, and it’s only a matter of time before the Florida birds are back for the summer!
4. St. Cloud State’s spring break is just a few weeks away! Yes, the word spring is being used on the calendar a few weeks from now!
5. I can actually see grass. This means that the snow has MELTED! It’s only a matter of time before the grass turns green!
6. Bathing suits are on sale. I was at Walmart over the weekend and bathing suits and flip flops were front and center in the store! That's always a good sign!