5 Ways To Celebrate Mother’s Day Without Breaking The Bank
Mom's are our teachers, superheros, nurses, personal chefs, nutritionists, counselors, friends and mentors. They wear so many hats and there's really nothing they don't do for us. That's why it's important to celebrate them and make sure they feel special on their very special day. Sunday is Mother's Day. There's a lot you can do for your mom that doesn't include breaking the bank. Here are a few ways to show mom you love her more than anything without having to spend a lot.
1. Make your own card--Seriously! When I was growing up I'd make my mom cards all of the time. Little did I know they meant so much to her. She actually kept every single card I made her. She reads them now and sometimes tears up and says, 'remember when you made this one?!'
2. Be sentimental--My husband managed to get his siblings to all dress up like their dad from every decade of his life one year. You could do this with your mom. His dad thought it was the coolest thing ever and it made for awesome pictures! Get creative and make a memory this Mother's Day!
3. Give the gift of time--Maybe you don't have money to spend on your mom or resources to get sentimental. Instead, spend time with your mom doing something she likes to do. Maybe it's helping her in the garden, going for a nice long walk somewhere, watching her favorite movie, etc. Sometimes, moms just want to spend quality time with their kids. Get all of the grown siblings together for a slumber party at mom's house. I'm sure she'd LOVE it!
4. Make a meal together--If you don't have a lot of money to take the family out to dinner with mom, try making a meal together instead. I'd argue that you'll make more memories at home in the kitchen than you would going out. Get everyone involved and it'll sure be something you'll remember. Take it one step further and make her breakfast in bed.
5. Clean her house--Moms are busy people doing so many things for so many people. Show her that she's appreciated and give her the gift of a clean home! She'll probably enjoy the break more than she wo
uld a flashy new trinket.