11 Reasons To Love Summer In Central Minnesota
I’m a St. Cloud native, born and raised. When I think of what summer means to me, these are just a few of the events that automatically come to my mind. These events are part of what make central Minnesota so unique. If you’re looking for some fun things to do that capture the St. Cloud experience, check these out!
1. SummerTime By George. It happens every Wednesday night starting June 13th. Thousands of people gather to watch live music, drink beer and sample food from local vendors.
2. Lemonade Concert and Arts Fair. This is such a fun and unique event at St. Cloud State University on Thursday, June 21.
3. Benton County Fair. I have been going to the Benton County Fair every year since I’ve been alive. I have my go to booths and exhibits that I check out every year. This year’s fair gets underway on Tuesday, July 31.
4. Music in the Garden. The 2016 series kicks off on June 10.
5. Art Crawl– I love art crawls, but summer art crawls are my favorite. The next St. Cloud down town art crawl is coming up on Friday, June 8.
6. Outdoor Movie Nights. There are so many outdoor movie nights and drive-in theaters around central Minnesota. There’s nothing better than watching a film under the stars.
8. Liberty Savings Block Party. This event is part of Granite City Days on Friday, June 22. It’s an annual music event that usually draws in thousands of central Minnesota residents.
9. Neighborhood/Citywide Garage Sales. There are numerous citywide and neighborhood garage sales going on throughout August!
10. Rapids River Food Fest. I am such a fan of this event because there are so many food vendors gathered at one place at one time. It’s a small scale version of the state fair happening on Saturday, June 23
11. Granite City Parade. It’s such a fun event for the whole family. The parade kicks off at 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 23.
What other events are unique to central Minnesota?