10 Things You Don’t Want To Forget This MN Fishing Opener
It's almost time to hit the water once again in Minnesota! We've waited months for this day, so make sure you're prepared for it! Forgetting anything on this list could potentially ruin your whole trip.
1. Fishing poles--This might seem like an obvious thing to remember to bring with you fishing, but if you get too caught up in the excitement of going, you could certainly forget this. Stranger things have happened.
2. Clean underwear/Deodorant--Let's face it, no one wants to sit in a boat with you all weekend if you haven't changed your underpants and put something on your pits. Please do everyone in your group a favor and make sure you bring a few extra pairs of underwear.
3. Bait--I can see it now...you pack everything up, get to your fishing spot, only to realize you forgot the bait. Make this someone's designated job.
4. Snacks/water--It's important to bring plenty of water and snacks with you on your boat. There's nothing worse than waiting hours for that perfect catch, to have it ruined by an empty stomach.
5. Hat--A sunburn on the top of your head is arguably the most painful kind there is, and it's pretty funny looking. It's hard to get any relief from a head burn. So, avoid getting this dreaded type of burn and wear a hat.
6. Small first aide kit--Have you ever been hooked in the face before? I bet it hurts pretty bad. That's why it's important to make sure you've got a little first aide kid with you. Fishing can be dangerous if you're not careful.
7. Waterproof camera--As a general rule of thumb, I never bring my cell phone on the boat with me. I don't trust myself enough to not drop it in the water. So, make sure that someone has a camera, preferably waterproof, so that you can take pictures of that "big catch."
8. Warm clothes--Let's face it, weather in Minnesota is so unpredictable. Last year it snowed fishing opener weekend. So far, the forecast is looking pretty good...but, it can get chilly on the lake. Pack warm clothes with you just in case.
9. Sunblock/bug spray--The sun can be unforgiving and the bugs can be annoying. Don't ruin your trip by forgetting your protective essentials.
10. Bucket--Guys can pee off the side of the boat, but it's a little more complicated than that for the ladies. Make sure to bring a tinkle bucket with you. Your female friends will thank you!
Most importantly, have fun and remember to wish your mom a happy Mother's Day!