10 Chores and How Much Kids Should Get Paid for Them
A recent survey found 68% of parents think kids should get an allowance for doing chores around the house. 40% said it should start between 8 and 10 years old, and 30% said it should start as early as 5. Here are 10 chores, and how much the average parent thinks they're worth. Let me know if you agree or disagree. Post feedback below.
1. Mowing the lawn, $6.28.
2. Cleaning out the garage, $5.20.
3. Doing laundry, $2.82.
4. Cleaning the living / family room, $2.72.
5. Taking care of a pet, $2.66.
6. Sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming, $2.55.
7. Dusting or wiping down the counter tops, $2.20.
8. Cleaning their bedroom, $2.07.
9. Doing the dishes, $2.03.
10. Taking out the garbage, $1.90.
Read more at PR Newswire.